2018 Dogooders Guide To The Best Cold Email Tools
Sending direct email is a tall order when you’re trying to grow the reach & impact of your organization. Aren’t able to have a volunteer or intern on staff for this task? The next best option is a bulk email tool.
Look for the 👍. These are my personal favorites.
Isn't sending cold emails a lowdown dirty game?
There are certain situations in life when you just have everything you need. For a brick and mortar business or nonprofit, it’s when you are operating in a community that likes you and needs your offering. All you have to do in the morning is open the doors and enjoy as people come to you.
If you are running an online wing of your organization, you don’t have the same visibility. You usually want to reach beyond your local community and for that you need to help people get to know you.
Finding the best cold email tool for your business will give you a very cheap and fast way to get in front of other businesses or nonprofits. Search engines only work if you have great content and SEO. Social media and organic marketing usually requires a team to see real success. Email is the front door of someone’s house, not the town square, and the door is almost always unlocked.
With that in mind, use these tools wisely. I recommend connecting with other businesses and nonprofits on Linkedin first… It’s like calling ahead before inviting yourself over. Happy emailing ~ Andy
2018 Dogooders Guide To The Best Cold Email Tools
Alexa Rank: 12.6k Created: 2001
There's probably no one who would argue that YesWare is not a powerhouse. It is. What makes it so special?
- Going with YesWare is to go with a pioneer in ushering bulk sending into a wider audience. Email tracking, knowing which emails were opened, which weren't and when can be very powerful.
- Schedule emails in advance. In some circles, you would call this an auto-responder. It's acually a way to open conversations.
- Add reminders to follow up on important emails. YesWare connects directly to your Gmail account.
- Create email templates in Gmail and dynamically fill personal info.
- Schedule meetings and create email campaigns. What more could you want!?
The SalesForce Connection
- Integrates beautifully with Salesforce CRM and provides a salesforce sidebar inside YesWare to make it that much easier.
- Automatically syncs all data to salesforce. Forget about manually updating.
- Syncs to calenders. This is pretty common today, but YesWare has had this feature for a long time now.
The Enterprise plan starts is the top of the line, gets you everything here and will only set your back $55/mo.
Want To Make a Positive Impact?
Alexa Rank: 39.6k Created: 1998
MixMax is just simply a tool you want to have in your toolbox. You can access loads of features for free!
Awesome Gmail UpgradeThis -» /. A forward slash in the body of a MixMax enabled gmail email is a magical thing. There are so many features inside MixMax, features like:
- /appointmentslink [meeting type name]Calendar Link
- /availability Launch Share Availability
- /badge Launch Social Badges
- /button Launch Call to Action
- /cal Launch Share Availability
- /calendarlink [meeting type name]Calendar Link
- /calltoaction Launch Call to Action
- /code Launch Formatted Code
- /code [search term]Insert Existing Formatted Code
- /crowdcast Launch Crowdcast
- /cta Launch Call to Action
- /event Launch Calendar Invite
- /filerequest Launch File Request
- /g [search term]Insert a Giphy
- /gif Launch Tenor
- /gif [search term]Insert a Tenor GIF
- /giphy Launch Giphy
- /meeting [time]Insert Availability
- /invite Launch Calendar Invite
- /groupscheduling Launch Group Event Poll
- /maps [search term]Insert a Map
- /poll Launch Poll
- /s [search term]Search the Web
- /social Launch Social Badges...
These are less than half of the functions available through MixMax. Start for free. Upgrade to the Small Business plan for only $24 per month on the annual plan.
Alexa Rank: 94.6k Created: 2016
Gmass, like Mixmax, is primarily a Chrome extension tool that takes advantages of the power of Gmail and rides along it's shoulders like,
and generally makes you email amazing.
What can it do?
It's claim to fame is in creating "mail merge campaigns with automatic follow-up emails", but, surprise surprise, Gmass brings much more to the table.
From their Features Menu:
- GMAIL'S COMPOSE WINDOW
- TEST MODE
- GOOGLE SHEETS INTEGRATION
- OPEN TRACKING
- CLICK TRACKING
- UNSUBSCRIBE LINK
- MANUAL FOLLOW-UP CAMPAIGNS
- AUTOMATIC FOLLOW-UP EMAILS
- EMAIL LIST BUILDER
- REPLY MANAGEMENT
- BREAK GMAIL'S SENDING LIMITS
- NEW MESSAGES VS. REPLIES
Alexa Rank: 98.9k Created: 2013
Looking for a stylish, powerful cold email sending tool with a great UX? Woodpecker has you covered.
I've personally used this tool to send several thousand emails. Both the features and lack of features it brings to the task of prospecting leads are what makes it so great and satisfying to use.
Uploading email lists and scheduling emails is a breeze. You get visual analytics, performance scores and you are able to categorize your email recipients by actions, in addition to the automatic categorizations Woodpecker provides.
This is not an exclusive feature, but something I have enjoyed is the ability to automatically stop sending emails in a sequence once an email recipient has replied to an email. That's when it's time for you to jump at the opportunity to build a relationship with direct emails outside of a tool like this.
Who is this for?
- Software Houses
- SaaS Businesses
- Marketing & Lead Gen Agencies
Why not get a sense of Woodpecker.co through their copy - Get 15 cold email templates here!!
Dogooders Guide to Choosing Effective Email Automation Software Why every small business should have an auto-responder, even if you don’t use it much yet…
Alexa Rank: 121k Created: 2009
In a different post inside the free resources section at Support4Good, I will detail a number of email discovery tools, some free and some paid. FindThatLead, as the name implies, is such a tool.
Rather than focusing on it's email collection strengths, here I want to focus on the email sending capabilities inside FindThatLead.
Alexa Rank: 194k Created: 2018
JetBuzz as one of the new kids on the block, is out to impress with their clean, LinkedIn focused approach to cold email prospecting. (Want classic automation tools? find them here...)
To be honest, I haven't been inside JetBuzz, but I have used a couple of similar tools like Leonard. It appears to be a LinkedIn prospecting and messaging tool that works exclusively inside LinkedIn The danger and the potential advantage of tools like these is that they sometimes violate LinkedIn TOS, giving you a unique advantage in connecting and getting in front of potential business leads fastest and most frequently.
If that sounds like something that interests you, visit their website, check out their pricing, but be sure to take advantage of their 7 day free trial!
Want To Make a Positive Impact?
Alexa Rank: 244k Created: 2017
Lemlist might not be the most established player in the cold email sending software arena, but it certainly is one of, if not THE funnest of them around. I absolutely love this platform for it's no nonsense setup path, to it's willingness to remain fun in the business world.
Too many companies feel the pressure to present an authoritative facade. Lemlist has the confidence to create a fun brand with a solid product.
How does it work?
The process is simple:
- Start off by naming your campaign.
- Add your campaign recipients .csv upload or from another list.
- Write your messages (be sure to add personalization variables) and assign them to the campaign.
- Schedule each email to create the perfect timing and email volume for your leads.
- Add your signature, personalized videos and gifs to level up your emails above the competition.
The text email plan starts at just $19/month. Try Lemlist Today!
Alexa Rank: 257k Created: 2015
How does a free 14 day trial sound? That's the opening salvo over at Propeller CRM.
Here's another Gmail reliant sender for your consideration offering:
- A now almost industry standard Gmail integration.
- A unique interface for multi-step email campaigns.
- Here's where Propeller brings something special in their pipeline management software to help you close the deal.
- A built in task manager helps you standardize tasks, ensuring standard practices and efficiency for the whole team.
- Custom reporting dashboards, you choose what data you need to see!
What I just presented here is not negligible and it is available for a measly $29 per user per month (billed annually. Don't wait! check out PropellerCRM today!
Other Runner Ups!
If you weren’t satisfied by any of the selections above, then you are hard to please! Check out these other tools if you’re still searching for the right fit.
Head Back Over To Free Resources Hub To Find More Awesome Tools!
As a new online business, especially one hoping to use the machinery of business to effect positive social and environmental change, you need great tools. Here’s a rabbit hole of an index to help you save time and effort finding all of this yourselves....
Support4Good is a Treasure Chest...
A business model is a tool, and every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. Business can be a weapon for positive change. Don’t believe me? Then sign up and find out what we have in store. Great, powerful free content, courses, and a web app to help non-profits and do-gooder businesses. Join us!